Obviously, this is a varied answer.
Turnaround time on a project varies on a project-by-project basis. Different types of projects require different amounts of time, and different requirements will cause those time frames to vary, often dramatically. Once those times have been determined, other factors – like client response times or shipping delays – can create even more variation. As a result, this common question can be very hard for us to answer.
With that in mind, here are some basic guidelines about project time frames. In most situations, we can complete a project of the types below within their respective timelines.
- Websites (without ecommerce): 45-60 days.
- Websites (with ecommerce): 60-90 days.
- Single Item Graphic Design (Logos or single pictures): 1-2 weeks.
- Multi-item Graphic Design (Brochures, Print Ads, Flyers): 2-3 weeks.
- Advertisement Campaign Development: 3-6 weeks.
- Custom Computer Systems: 2 weeks per order.
Many times your project will be completed before the estimated date, provided any approvals or corrections are returned in a timely manner. Most delays, when they occur, are due to poor or slow communication. However, they don’t happen often.
For the month of April we will be running our 30 Days of Answers series, where we answer 30 of the biggest questions people have for us before they do business with us. Tomorrow we’ll have another question and answer. See you then!